Saturday 23 July 2016

White cats: I love them.

 Cats! such lovely  furry creatures,  great pets to keep in the home when one is in need of companionship. I used to hate cats as a little child. Mere looking at some would send chills down my little spine.
I remember one day mom came in  happily and  announced that she was going to get a cat after we had lost a  precious pet dog a few years back. I was ecstatic and could not contain the joy on my face.
Long story short, the kitten came . It was fun at first as we would watch it play and bounce about with so much fun. I loved it when it was a kitten though as  I could not wait to get back home and play with it every day after school hours.

I love white cats mind you , the honey moon ended when we had a black cat! The next cat we had  was a black cat  with a sinister look; Its eyes were ominious. It had a creepy look whenever it stealthily floated across the room. I used to imagine it smiling slyly whenever our gazes met Ha! such audacity but I was helpless under the gazeful watch of my mama. I didn't want to break her precious heart with my dislike for this mean looking creature.

A dog is a man's best friend. I wonder why the same does not hold true for cats. It could be because they seem so aloof and hard to read and that makes it difficult to understand them. I still love white cats notwithstanding. I love the feline fur that is almost as white as snow. The  green eyes that glows with untouched power. I love white cats and I hope it makes up for my hatred for the black cats, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment