Tuesday 19 July 2016

An Interview: A typical day with Tosin Bee.

1. Hello am glad you could accord us this interview . Please can you tell us a bit about yourself, where in Nigeria are you from?

* Adejumobi Oluwatosin Akinkunmi also known as Tosin Bee was born on May 24 in Ilorin, Kwara State. He hails from Oyo state - Ogbomoso to be precise. Tosin is an English graduate of the prestigious Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) in Ago-Iwoye. Ogun state. His music prowess dates back to his gene, his grandfather - Samuel Adejumobi who was known to be a very good singer. A rare blend of simplicity, humility, dexterity, integrity all fussed together makes the man – Tosin Bee.   Tosin joined a group, ‘da roots’, a 3 man music band which consisted of himself, Rumide and Sam. They rocked the town and travelled through the western states of the country to bless lives with a new formatted music-ministration. However the group disbanded due to various career pursuit. It was here that Tosin decided to forge on and make a career out of music. The Word of God is his main source that drives him on to greater heights. And this kept him going in spite of adversities. Tosin's sonorous voice continues to captivate his listening audience. unequivocally,  his unique style of gospel music largely consists that of R n B, Hip-fuji, Jazz, Ewi (traditional yoruba chant) injects a breath of fresh air in the Nigerian gospel arena. Already his single ''Olela'' is fast becoming a favourite in Christian circles and beyond – even in the secular world!  Tosin Bee has not stopped at just releasing singles, but has been able to be a blessing to churches and ministries worldwide-RCCG Holyghost Service at the Redemption Camp,Tim Omotoso Global Outreach(T.O.G.O)South Africa, Houdegbe north American university republic of benin, The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Redemption camp, RCCG FEAST OF ESTHER,RCCG City of David parish, TREM Abuja, Lagos SHIFT Tafawa Balewa square, Global impact church, faith in Christ mission, Holyghost Christian Centre. Inspiration FM praise Jam, lighthouse church Ibadan,Foursquare Gospel church camp, Embrace, Winners chapel, Global harvest church, The elevation church, Joshua- Ville Night of worship,Agape Christian Center Akure,  Fountain of Grace Ministries Ibadan,Covenant christian center Iganmu and TBS,Commonwealth of Zion Ilorin and a host of others. His vision is to become a catalyst of unadulterated worship and a positive point of reference in the Nigerian Gospel Music Industry. Tosin’s overall mission is to unleash the force of worship through the vehicle of music. Tosin shot a video of his hit worship song “mo mopewa, directed by Dr seth and has since gone viral on various online platforms like youtube,vimeo etc…He also just released the video of one of his songs,EXTREME PARTY.  Tosin who is rooted in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) is passionately committed to lifting Jesus Christ higher in his divinely located parish. His passion equally goes out to the elderly who are struggling to make ends meet. Thus his TOSIN BEE HOPEFUL INITIATIVE is currently being put in place to administer help to senior citizens of Nigeria.

2.How was growing up like?

*Growing up for me was quite interesting, I was born in Ilorin Kwara state,after a while we moved to my home town Ogbomoso,my Dad being a teacher then,was transfered many times and we had to follow him. we had really good times and we had some really not so cool moments but all in all we are still here standing. I had times I had to sell nylon just so that the family will make little money to survive. so we put them on trays,and we trek round to sell. sold quite a lot of things like something called "Eeri" in yoruba it's the waste that comes out of sieving unprocessed pap.its the food given to goats.

3.When did you realise that this is what you want to do as a career?

*Well..I've always been a singer from childhood days but the reality of the calling dawned on me when I went to Ilorin for my A levels in 2001. I realized it was just beyond singing about for fun.its the real deal for me. one of the things that further helped was the kind of people I surrounded myself with. this matters a lot in determining how far one will go in life and how much you'll know in terms of exposure.

4.Who has been your major influence?

*I had a lot of people that influenced me.But a particular incident I can't forget in a hurry was a major influence. I was a very shy person. really shy that I cant stand before people to talk,not to talk of singing. While I was running my A'levels, I met some guys that were into music too.we parley up just for one purpose,to sing about on campus,"oppressing" people  and catch the babes. on this fateful day, we were out to "oppress" suddenly a lady walked up to me and asked for a minute,my guys wouldn't want to allow,but I obliged her and we got talking. she made me realize I have so much on the inside,I can't afford wasting it just for "oppression" purpose, she encouraged me to join the choir. funny enough I've had many people encourage to join the choir,but I just couldn't because of my shyness. but the moment she told me, I knew there was something unsual u about it. I took the bold step,and I joined my church choir. as they say,the rest is history.r major influence?

5.Do you have any other singer in your family?

*In my Family, am not the only one God has blessed with the gift,but mine has been amplified by God.

6.Have you waxed any album?


*Yes I have my debut album,just released this year.



7.When is the next album dropping?

*the next one will Come in God's time, but it won't be long I believe.

8.I understand you have a Tosin Bee initiative, can you say something about it?

*Yes Tosin Bee Hopeful initiative is for the Elders in our community.its an initiative geared towards extending a 
hand of love to them.

9.What advice do you have for the youth who want to start a career in music?

*My advice for the youth is Ultimately fear God and keep his commandments. also Talent is not enough,beyond your talent build a good character too. keep working on your self,even if it seems there is no hope. keep pushing,maybe,just maybe that next push is all you need to do for your next level.

10.What is your typical day like?

*Well my typical Day, always working even when am home,am doing something to be a better person. but I get really busy by weekends.  that's the nature of what I do.


Tosin Bee and Pastor Leke Adeboye.


Thank you Tosin Bee so glad you honoured this interview. Tosin Bee just launched his new album testimony, listen to it below:
Listen to this music.






No comments:

Post a Comment