Wednesday 6 July 2016

I Come From A Very Poor Family - Jay Jay Okocha Reveals As He Floats Foundation In Lagos.

Super Eagles ex-international, Austin Okocha alongside his brother, Emma on Tuesday in Lagos, unveiled the Jay Jay Okocha Foundation.
Austin  Okocha, the living legend who has made his mark in the arena of football recently unveiled his foundation at a ceremony which took place at the I-Naira Digital Hub in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.  Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha  says the foundation would help in giving kids and his ex teammates a new direction. This unveiling was done alongside his brother Emma Okocha on  Tuesday in Lagos.
He had this to say during the ceremony:
“I come from a very poor family, I’m not from a royal home but through football, my life changed and I have a voice. What is most important in every kid’s life is education but some of these kids are out of school and I think I can use football as a tool to help them get back to school."
“I will be lying if I say I didn’t know some of my colleagues are suffering. Most of us didn’t have good advisers and were left with nothing after retirement. Another objective of this foundation is creating jobs through football. If I can set up training centres across the country, I will need my colleagues. I believe in empowering people,” 
I-Naira.com sealed a deal with the former player as the official auctioning partner of the foundation. The company’s CEO, Hillary Nwaukor, said his firm would begin auctioning the superstar’s memorabilia from August 1..
Present at the occasion were ex-internationals; Austin Eguavoen, Mutiu Adepoju and Peter Rufai.

No comments:

Post a Comment