Friday 8 July 2016

AN INTERVIEW: A TYPICAL DAY WITH EGOR EFIOK.

1. Please can you introduce yourself?

My name is Egor Efiok the CEO of E4PR.



2.Everyone knows you as E4PR, are you changing your focus from PR to to movie production?

No, I am combining PR, basically everything I do I give publicity; combining all my skills.


3.There has been a buzz about Calabar Nollywood. What is it all about?

It is not Calabar Nollywood but Callywood. It is a high production value film making venture. Governor Ayade created this platform to help his people and to create jobs for them. He appointed me to do the job so I came with my team from the UK and USA to help discover and make stars here in Cross River State. What I did in my film Turning Point I can do here. Igoni Archibong was not known but he was trained and he played lead alongside Hollywood actors and went along to win 2 best Actor in A Leading Role Awards and travelled back to US to receive his NAFCA trophy.


4.Who is the brainchild behind Callywood?

Governor Ben Ayade.


5.Callywood Studios has called for auditions this Saturday, 9th July from 12pm at Tinapa Lakeside hall, is it only for indigenes of Cross River State?

Yes.


6.I must say this is  a great move because you will be training new actors, cinematographers, scriptwriters to international standards. Is it going to be in the interest of Nollywood as a whole or just Callywood?

It is a platform created to discover more stars in Cross River State. It is a casting call for everyone in Cross River State who is talented and has never been given a chance. I am here to give them that chance and am very accessible. I want Callywood's answer to James Bond! I want Callywood's answer to Meryl Streep! I will collaborate with Hollywood on every Callywood film that we make to ensure that the Callywood stars stand out and are recognised and acknowledged internationally.


8.Do you have scriptwriters?

I have several films written for Callywood right now and am ready to shoot.


9.What is your typical day like?

Busy busy busy day.







Thank you Ladyboss for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment