Thursday 24 March 2016

CONFUSED: A poem by Emebiriodo Ugochukwu.

CONFUSED

The fact that losing you
Scares me
Has made me to lose my mind
You've got me staring blankly into coloured skies
And wondering what you're up to.
Every single thing here reminds me of you
The flower right outside my window
Scents exactly like you
The petals colour like your lips
I think they are called tulips.
Every tune on the radio
Embody lyrics that remind me of our love
The times we shared
And the dreams we held hands talking about.
Even the palpitations of my heart
Reminds me of the rhythm yours play
When you fall asleep in my arms
The sun here reminds me of your temper
Too hot sometimes it burns
Mild and beautiful sometimes it tans.
When it rains
I remember you and miss you more
Every droplet of rain
Reminds me of the tears that flooded my shirt
When you leaned into me
The day I boarded that Iron Bird to the future
It snows here
And the chill has got me trapped in a blanket
Praying you were beside me
So your warmth, would touch me inside out.


I have travelled across lands and seas.
Met and seen
Women and Queens
But none compared to thee
I have walked and crawled
Through corners of this earth
And your smoke with the missing tooth has got me missing you.
And the thought of losing you
Has got me black and blue
Come to me or I'll come to you
Has got me black and blue
Come to me or I'll come to you
Your absence in this foreign land
Has left a hole in the centre of my thoughts
Emptiness is all I feel.
Emebiriodo Ugochukwu, a graduate of English
and Literary Studies from the University of Port
Harcourt, was born in Abule-Egba, Lagos,
Nigeria. He is the founder of the Port-Harcourt
based poetry group, Word Phantomz. He is a
poet of pidgin expression. He claims to be a
superhero without a cape, saving lives through
his words. He currently resides in Lagos hoping
to change the world one word at a time He captures street photos on Instagram @hitchoflife
 

No comments:

Post a Comment